Parallel18 serves as a Puerto Rican innovation hub, constantly evolving its resources to align with the demanding needs of entrepreneurs and to assist them in obtaining better results. With that in mind, we are thrilled to announce the launching of the 2.0 version of the Talent App, our exclusive talent database designed for parallel18 alumni!
This talent platform, which has more than 300 candidates, emerged as an approachable solution for our subprogram participants that are looking for competitive professionals that can help their startups scale.
What’s new in Talent App 2.0?
As we mentioned earlier, the latest update comes with new features– developed by our tech-savvy Startup Executive Yessica Fontánez! This revamped version focuses on two key functions:
- From the startup founders POV: Now any of our alumni can upload a job posting directly to the app! With a detailed description of the opportunity, the posting will be visible to all the active candidates in the platform.
- From the candidates POV: Job-seekers can update their profile when needed! Whether you want to reupload a fresh resumé, revise your industry interests or your general information, the Talent App is live 24/7.
But, does the Talent App actually connect candidates with startup founders?
Most definitely! Generation after generation, our alumni look for talent that are willing to work in an innovation-driven environment while their startups scale into new markets. Currently, candidates are visible to our network of 250+ local and international startups. In the last cohorts of our subprograms, more than 20 new hires were achieved thanks to our platform.
“The parallel18 Talent app has helped us to find highly motivated local candidates in Puerto Rico looking to expand their work experiences. Their fresh perspective and contribution has accelerated our goals. Since using this tool, RumRatings has hired 3 professionals: 1 full-time developer and 2 project-based audiovisual content creators”, explained RumRating’s founder Ángel Torres; a Gen. 3 #pre18ner and Gen. 9 #p18ner that frequently uses our platform for the company’s hiring needs.
Working for a startup company can offer a variety of benefits for individuals at different career stages, including interns, freelancers, and professionals in general. Here are some key advantages:
- Diverse roles: In a startup environment, individuals often wear multiple hats, providing the chance to gain experience in various aspects of the business.
- Close-knit Community: Smaller teams create a close-knit community, providing opportunities to build strong professional relationships. This can open doors to valuable connections within the industry.
- Entrepreneurial Exposure: Exposure to the entrepreneurial process can inspire individuals to start their own ventures in the future.
Sounds great, right? Here’s what you need if you want to stand out and get hired by our startup founders.
“Ideal candidates need to be conscious that working for a startup can be challenging and fast-paced, but very rewarding. You get many opportunities to grow as a professional quickly. You have to demonstrate that hunger for growth and ambition”, clarified Yessica.
If you’re a recent graduate, a student or something in between while looking to jumpstart your career… there’s a window of opportunities on this platform! Our Startup Executive suggested that if you don’t have that much experience, consider highlighting your soft skills (creative, analytic, problem solver, etc.) that will help you stand out as a fresh and competitive talent.
In case you’re a more seasoned professional, consider displaying your experience along with key companies you have worked with that can prove your expertise in any respective industry you can be potentially hired.
Finally, regardless of your background, showcase your true self! Our startup founders are eager to hire and collaborate with people who are interested in being part of the ecosystem.
To review your Talent App profile or submit your information for the first time, visit the Talent App!